Re: [Gegl-developer] VIPS and GEGL performance and memory usage comparison

On 2 February 2016 at 12:37, Øyvind Kolås <pippin gimp org> wrote:
comparison. Adding a gegl:3x3-convolution (or adapting
gegl:convolution-matrix to detect the extent of the kernel) might make
GEGL perform closer to VIPS on this benchmark which caters well to
VIPS features. I do however not think we should add "hard-coded" 3x3
sharpen/blur ops in GEGL.

I agree, it's not very fair. I tried with gegl:convolution-matrix, but
it was a lot slower, I'm not sure why.

I realized that the tiff writer is writing float scRGBA, which is also
not very fair. Is there a simple way to make it write a lower
bit-depth image? Sorry for the stupid question.

John