Re: [Gegl-developer] Making GEGL and Babl releases "soon"

On 29 November 2013 14:21, Daniel Sabo <danielsabo gmail com> wrote:
Gimp 2.8 still has "GEGL Operation" under the Tools menu, which
apparently some people are using because we get bug reports about it
crashing. I don't see the time it would take to backport those fixes
to the 0.2 branch as worthwhile; there aren't any significant changes
required for Gimp to use 0.3 but the fixes in GEGL are intertwined
with other changes that make backporting impractical.
Agreed completely that backporting is not worth it. Disabling this
feature if broken is also a possibility. If we want people playing
with GEGL in GIMP, a 2.10 prerelease would probably be more useful for
both devs and users..

But up to mitch though what to go for in GIMP 2.8, I think.

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com