Re: [Gegl-developer] New serialization format

On 5 July 2012 16:55, Ville Sokk <ville sokk gmail com> wrote:
GEGL needs a new serialization format. On IRC two popular choices
were JSON and YAML. Fancy features are not required so both should be
good choices.

Why does it need a new one? I am not saying it does not, but I think
the justification/rationale/usecases is necessary to have a reasonable
discussion and end-result.

YAML pros:
* very readable

JSON pros:
* pretty much every programming language has a JSON library
* simpler than YAML

Bat´O's YAML example: http://pastebin.com/QML9BkCb
and JSON: http://pastebin.com/9ZV9y7Vz

Any ideas why one should be chosen over the other? Maybe there's an
even better option?

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com