Re: [gedit-list] New gedit roadmap

+1

Thanks Sébastien

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:54 PM Sébastien Wilmet <foss swilmet be> wrote:

I have updated the roadmap wiki page:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit/RoadMap

but it's horrible to edit that page, it's hard to spot the line and
column that we want to edit.

I have started to write more content for gedit in Git in Markdown, and I
think it's much better. The Markdown syntax is nicer, GitLab renders it
well, and in Markdown it's also possible to have relative links to other
files in the same git repo.

And, in git, we are sure to keep the history. Wiki pages with a database
system, being able to delete the page etc, it's less certain that the
history will be kept. And the roadmap history is a nice summary of the
work done (for example I would love to see a detailed roadmap for the
done tasks during gedit 1 and gedit 2 development, I was not
contributing back then, there are a few pages on the wiki for the new
MDI, but not much. But, there is the NEWS file or ChangeLog.).

So, I will write a new roadmap in Markdown in Git, and everyone else can
add tasks, add more details etc. If you are on the trusted group to edit
wiki pages, feel free to push commits on the master branch to edit the
roadmap or other documentation files that I've written, I will do
post-reviews. In general I prefer doing post-reviews for such things
rather than letting the contributor wait until he/she gets a review on
gitlab. Worst case the commit is reverted, but usually it's better to
just improve the commit with another commit. The same for trivial things
like a typo in the source code.

--
Sébastien