Re: [gedit-list] Gedit for console

Hi,

On Sat, 2014-06-28 at 23:33 +0100, James Freer wrote:
I love gedit as a prose text editor for a writer in the gui. However, I also
use the console a lot and was wondering how much altering of code would be
involved to make gedit a console editor as well.

gedit uses heavily GTK+, which is a graphical widget toolkit, a GTK+
application can not run in the console. To run gedit in a console, an
ncurses interface must be implemented for example, but in this case 90%
of the current code can not be reused…

And the whole point of gedit is to be a graphical text editor…

--
Sébastien