[gedit-list] gedit enhancement request - larger list of formerly opened items

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask (?)

gedit has a limited memory of previously edited items which can be recalled on restart - a drop-down list next to the 'open'.

I would like to have rather more previously-opened items stored than the default.
There seems to be no option to adjust this.

I can see further usefulness if items could be stored on a per-window basis, but that might be unnecessarily complicated.

Kind regards,
 Bill LaChenal