Re: [gedit-list] Bottom panel and Tools menu missing in GEdit 3.8.3

At 19:18 +0100 11/3/13, Luís de Sousa wrote:
On 3 November 2013 19:03, Adam Dingle <<mailto:adam medovina org>adam medovina org> wrote:

Luís,

probably you have not enabled any plugins which use the bottom panel.  In this situation, View->Bottom Panel
will be grayed out and there will be no Tools menu.

Go to Edit->Preferences->Plugins and enable External Tools (for example).  Then the bottom panel should be
available and the Tools menu will appear.

I have a similar problem with gedit in 13.10.  But it's not the bottom panel, it's the top one which is the
ubuntu menu bar.  It disappears along with access to my tools.  A solution is to restart gedit after using
its own buttons or the keyboard to save partially edited stuff. I always use a command line to execute gedit
so that my environment variables are in the underlying process.

"Go to Edit->Preferences->Plugins " would be impossible!

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--