[gedit-list] Fwd: gedit redesign

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro <nacho resa gmail com> wrote:
another thing, even if we keep the menubar at some point we will anyway break plugins since
we will need to start using the menu model.

I agree. I am happy that my plugins will not break, but this change undermines my intent to make features discoverable. two of the gedit-developer-plugins create sub-menus for the features they provide, and two others add to the Tools menu. Maybe a toolbar item would be a better mechanism to expose the extra features and document the keyboard shortcuts.

--
__C U R T I S  C. H O V E Y__________________
curtis hovey name