[gedit-list] gedit redesign

For those who don't know, the gedit developers have been working on a redesign of gedit in the 'wip/redesign' branch.  Here are some mockups that Ignacio pointed me to:

https://raw.github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/gedit/gedit-menus.png

It appears that the major goals of the redesign are

 (a) to replace Gedit's menus with a single application menu plus a single gear menu
 (b) to use a new visual style (implemented by the GtkHeaderBar class) which unifies the title bar and toolbar into a single bar

Ignacio has assured me that no features will be removed as part of the redesign.

Here are some questions, first for the developers:

1. What is the chance that this redesign will land in GNOME 3.10?  In 3.12?  Ever?

2. Will all existing plugins will need to be modified to work with this redesigned gedit?  Certainly it seems that plugins which create menu items will need to change since the menu system is changing so much.

3. Will plugins be able to add menu items to the gear menu?  To the application menu?  Will they be able to add new buttons to the combined title bar/toolbar?

4. Is there any Web page with newer mockups or other information about this effort?

And a question for users:

1. Do you want this?  Does this seem like it will make gedit easier to use and/or nicer looking?  Are you looking forward to this change?

adam