[gedit-list] Feature request: mid screen cursor positioning

My use for gedit is mainly word text editing  (as opposed to
programming code). A writer basically.

Over the years I have come to like gedit for this purpose but there is
one feature which i'd love to see incorporated - mid screen cursor
text postioning and I am sure coders would welcome it too.

What I mean is that when one gets onto the last (or last but one) line
of the screen it automatically moves up 1/2 a screen. Pico and Emacs
have it and it is so useful when doing a lot of typing - I don't know
of another editor that has it.

james