[gedit-list] Help wanted to style plugin panel

I have gedit 3.6 installed on Lubuntu 13.04. The theme I'm using is Greybird (part of shimmer-themes from the Ubuntu repos).

I edited ~/.themes/Greybird/gtk-3.0/
gtk.css as shown below:

/* default color scheme */
@define-color bg_color #9e9e9e;
@define-color fg_color #000043;
@define-color base_color #8e8e8e;
@define-color text_color #000;
@define-color selected_bg_color #091825;
@define-color selected_fg_color #a2e5fb;
@define-color tooltip_bg_color #333333;
@define-color tooltip_fg_color #aaaaaa;

These modifications work for my existing gtk3 apps but the plugin panel opened to display markdown as html does not accept these settings. I installed the markdown preview plugin from http://www.jpfleury.net/en/software/gedit-markdown.php and it works well in all other respects.

Other information: in gedit's edit, preferences, I've chosen the Cobalt color scheme. And here's a link to what I see: http://i.stack.imgur.com/vWTrw.png

I want the lower panel to have a background of #999 instead of white.

I've looked at ~/.local/share/gedit/plugins/markdown-preview/__init__.py but can't figure out if there's something I could do there to solve my problem.

If anyone can help, please not that I'm not a programmer but like to make notes in markdown format for myself.

Thanks!