Re: [gedit-list] Where is gedit configuration info stored in WIndows 7???

I've figured out the answer to my own question, and I'll post the answer here for archival purposes.  gedit stores preferences and other information in the files .gconf and .gconfd.  In the Windows version, these files are stored in the directory %HOME%, which almost always is set to %USERPROFILE% which almost always is set to C:\Users\username.  My problem was that another application (PSPICE) had set %HOME% to point to a diirectory for which I did not have write permission, so gedit did not allow me to set preferences.  The solution is to reset %HOME% using Control Panel>System>Advanced System Settings.

Larry
---
Laurence Nagel
Omega Enterprises Consulting