Re: [gedit-list] Micah Carrick's Symbol Browser

On 02/24/2012 10:48 AM, Ed Greenberg wrote:
> I'd love to install the symbol browser at
> http://www.micahcarrick.com/gedit-symbol-browser-plugin.html,  that
> makes use of Exuberant Ctags.
>
> Has anybody experience with the symbol browser and specifically with
> using it with remotely mounted directories. Where does Exuberant Ctags
> run. On the local client or on the server?

ctags is run locally and the tags files are kept in /tmp on your
machine. There will be a small lag, the same as saving the file.

I have been using his newer plugin for about a year, but I recall that
php and diff used a custom parser, not ctags, to get a better listing of
symbols.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.