[gedit-list] Micah Carrick's Symbol Browser

I use Gedit (2) to edit files directly on distant servers. Gedit causes Gnome to open connections over SSH/SCP using gvfs. It's nice and seamless.

Though I do a fair bit of Python, lots of my work is also in PHP and even Javascript.

I'd love to install the symbol browser at http://www.micahcarrick.com/gedit-symbol-browser-plugin.html, that makes use of Exuberant Ctags.

Has anybody experience with the symbol browser and specifically with using it with remotely mounted directories. Where does Exuberant Ctags run. On the local client or on the server?

Thanks,

Ed