Once you're sure you have the plugin in the right place, run gedit from the terminal in case there is any errors from the plugin.

Once Ubuntu does move up to GNOME 3, you will need to find newer, Gedit 3 compatible plugins.

- Micah

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Jean-Philippe Fleury <contact jpfleury net> wrote:
-------- Message original --------
Sujet:  Re: [gedit-list] Plugin debugging?
Date :  Sun, 4 Sep 2011 21:53:46 -0500
De :    Stephen Gross <mrstevegross gmail com>
Pour :  Jean-Philippe Fleury <contact jpfleury net>

I'm using gedit 2.30.4. What's the easiest way to upgrade to 3? I ran:
  apt-get update

But apt-get thinks I have the latest version of gedit. Is gedit 3 on the
proper ubuntu repositories?

Thanks,
--Steve

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Jean-Philippe Fleury