Re: [gedit-list] gedit not recognizing third-party plugins!?

So the reason why they are not picked up by gedit is that those are
old plugins? In other words when gedit scans the
.local/share/gedit/plugins/ folder, does it try to see if the plugins
there are the new ones and ignores the rest?

If that is so, that would explain why I don't see the plugins, but it
doesn't explain that it is not recognizing external tools (which are
just shell scripts). What would be the problem there?