[gedit-list] gedit not recognizing third-party plugins!?

Hi. I recently upgraded to gedit 3.2.0 (that came with ubuntu 11.10).
According to http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/Plugins, plugins must be
located in ~/.local/share/gedit/plugins/. I've put all my plugins
there, but they do not appear in the plugins list. In fact the same
goes for external tools, but styles is OK. Is this because gedit 3
does not recognize older plugins? or is there another explanation?

By the way, would gedit still recognize the folders if they are symlinks?

Thanks

--
Ernesto Posse

Modelling and Analysis in Software Engineering
School of Computing
Queen's University - Kingston, Ontario, Canada