Re: [gedit-list] gedit not recognizing third-party plugins!?

Ernesto,

Thanks for your interest in gedit.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Ernesto Posse <eposse cs queensu ca> wrote:
> Hi. I recently upgraded to gedit 3.2.0 (that came with ubuntu 11.10).
> According to http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/Plugins, plugins must be
> located in ~/.local/share/gedit/plugins/. I've put all my plugins
> there, but they do not appear in the plugins list. In fact the same
> goes for external tools, but styles is OK. Is this because gedit 3
> does not recognize older plugins? or is there another explanation?

Plugins for gedit 2 WON'T work on gedit 3, plugins need to be ported
to the new API. We know that it is a hassle, but it is not so
difficult to port them, and we needed to make some breaks due to the
Gtk3 and because we adopted a new library called libpeas for plugin
support. If you need help on porting your plugins, feel free to drop
into irc and ask questions.

Greetings

José