Re: [gedit-list] [Feature-Request] Don't ask if unsaved docs are empty

On 01/11/2011 01:03 PM, Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:
We do this because you might potentially still loose data when closing the document (because the data is still available in the undo buffer). Also, we can't really distinguish the case you describe from one where you accidentally clear the document and close it. Even though this might not be a very regular case, we prefer to be as protective as possible.

I understand. Would it be possible to allow users to configure this behaviour either through the "gedit Preferences" dialog or through the gconf-editor app?

===Please, CC me on the reply as I'm not subscribed to the list===

Thank you and best regards,

G.