Re: [gedit-list] Making windows know the difference between binary and plain text files

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Nacho <nacho resa gmail com> wrote:
> Hey,
> the only thing that you can do right now is to mark in the filter of the
> filebrowser to show the binary files.

yeah... unfortunate when you're working with python and you get
everything twice (.py and .pyc) :p

> The reason for this, is that the library we use for detecting text files
> just detects as text files the ones
> that has .txt extension.

fair enough

How hard would it be to make some kind of setting somewhere that let's
us add more file extensions to the list ? (assuming it's too much
effort to get proper mime detection working)

Regards,
Stephen