Re: [gedit-list] Gedit Redesign

Hey,

See that the filebrowser is a plugin and you can disable it if you don't like it.
Also we are always fine hearing new ideas for gedit :)

Regards.

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Kennedy Kasina <kenkasina gmail com> wrote:
Hi All,

I just joined the list and hence quit a new member here. I was checking out Gedit the other day and had Nautilus open right next to it and it made me wonder, why can we get a unified look at feel across Gnome. Gedit struck me first and I wanted to propose whether some UI redesign can be done to achieve something close to screenshot attached.

Secondly in the redesign, doing away with the file browser tab. Its a Text Editor for sure so no need repeat some make feature which are availed by other apps that are purposefully designed for that.

I have more thoughts in mind and I shall share them with you.

Regards,
Kennedy Kasina