Re: [gedit-list] Gedit Redesign

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 16:54:48 +0300
From: Kennedy Kasina <kenkasina gmail com>
To: gedit-list gnome org
Subject: [gedit-list] Gedit Redesign

Hi All,

Hi,

I just joined the list and hence quit a new member here. I was checking out
Gedit the other day and had Nautilus open right next to it and it made me
wonder, why can we get a unified look at feel across Gnome. Gedit struck me
first and I wanted to propose whether some UI redesign can be done
to achieve something close to screenshot attached.

Secondly in the redesign, doing away with the file browser tab. Its a Text
Editor for sure so no need repeat some make feature which are availed by
other apps that are purposefully designed for that.

I completely disagree. The file browser tab is always open and frequently used in my Gedit.

The Xfce editor sounds to be more what you are looking for.

I have more thoughts in mind and I shall share them with you.

Sure.

Yours,
Anzan