Re: [gedit-list] External Tools Plugin

I use gedit on Ubuntu but some of the files I work with are on my son's computing system under an all Microsoft installation. His IT manager installed cygwin and managed to give me an account. I can use a gedit tool to convert line ends and save my open gedit document to his machine using ssh commands under a ubuntu shell. I can do things like cd and mkdir on the Windows boxes.

With gedit under Windows and cygwin available it ought to be possible to port External Tools. But then I'm too old to start programming on Windows.

At 17:33 +0200 10/23/10, Paolo Borelli wrote:
>Hi Brent,
>
>	the externaltools plugin is unfortunately unix specific, so it is not
>available on windows.
>
>On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 12:10 -0500, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I downloaded the gedit w32 binary, and would like to use the "External
>> Tools" Plugin. It wasn't in the usual place (i.e.: Edit > Preferences
>> > External Tools) I couldn't find it, even in the plugins distros.
>> Is this plugin even relevant?
>>
>> -Brent

-->  Halloween  == Oct 31 == Dec 25 == Christmas  <--