Re: [gedit-list] Using gedit as development environment

I know how to add my own external tools, so that's not rally the problem. The problem is that I don't how to achieve the result I would like.

The default "Build" tool searches for a makefile in the current directory, and if no makefile is found it looks in the parent directories. Thus with a normal autotools setup, where the makefile is located in the same directory everything works as expected, and the code in the current directory is rebuild.

But with my VPATH setup, gedit doesn't find the makefile because they are not located in a parent directory. Of course I can drop a makefile in my project directory that builds all 3 platform trees. But that means the *entire* project is build, not only the active directory. For example my project contains a "src" directory with the main library code and and "example" directory with sample applications. But when I'm working on a source file from the "src" directory, I only want to build the library, not the entire project including the example applications. With a non-VPATH build that works as expected, and I would like to be able to do the same for the VPATH build.