[gedit-list] practicle features

Hello,

A few ideas that would make gedit (even) nicer IMO:

-1- replacement
* When  the replace dialog opens, the focus is on the search field. A tab should jump to the replace field, since it's obviously the next relevant field to edit ;-)
* I found no way to replace inside the currently selected region only. Very annoying. A checkbox for this.
* Ditto for replacing in the current "scope" (section, block). Eg the current {...} section in C, BEGIN...END in pascal, or indented block python. Very useful, since names typically live inside a scope, and refer to different things outside it; so that the right replacement area is indeed the scope. (Thus, I would even have this option checked by default. In absence of this feature, I constantly use replacement in selection instead, in editors that can do that; but one needs to select first; and this prevents the nice feature of selection be the searched string.)

-2- duplication
Duplicate is a very handy feature. Typically, it duplicate the current line or selection. Can be used for lines, parts of lines, whole regions. Replaces select + copy + move + paste in one go.

-3- key bindings
Is it possible to customize them? Useful to have the same bindings on all editors. (Eg replacement ctrl+H --> ctrl+R).

These proposals are ripped from geany :-), except for replacement scope. What do you think.

Denis
--

la vita e estrany

spir.wikidot.com