Re: [gedit-list] Locked gedit files unable to print

Subhendu wrote:
Hi,
whenever I open any text file in gedit (in my Mac OS X snow leopard ) I can see that the file is locked (a dot instead of a cross in the left red button for any mac window).I tried to print this file and it would not.How can I unlock my gedit text files or why should not all the text files be saved unlocked anyways.
1) Which version do you use?
2) Are you using the native dmg?
3) To be clear, the 'dot' does not indicate a locked file, it indicates an unsaved file. No explicit support was added for this. I'm not sure why it shows a dot (it should not), but I suspect it does that because we do something with the title (setting the document uri). Maybe that triggers the 'unsaved' thing, but since we don't (re)set that properly, it stays like that. 4) The unsaved 'dot' thing is just an indicator, it has nothing to do with the actual state of the document as it currently is in gedit. If you can't print the document there must be some other bug somewhere. Can you try launching gedit from the terminal (/Applications/gedit.app/Contents/MacOS/gedit, do not use the 'open' utility) and see if you get any relevant errors? Could you also report the exact steps to reproduce this, and file a bug report on gnome bugzilla?
I would really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks,
Subhendu