Re: [gedit-list] Fonts

Alexias wrote:
I use Monoscript as well as basic fonts but I want to use just one text editor. Would you please offer a function choosing between several font types by recognizing the file type? In that case I could automatically open x-documents with code and y-documents with literary text.
I'm not sure this is a core functionality we would like to support. The problem is that gedit can only open plain text files, and those contain no formatting, and are usually best viewed in a monospace font. I'm not sure you can make a good distinction between files based on their mime type for showing them in a monospace font or not. Could you maybe give an example of your use case?

That said, it should be quite easy to implement this as a plugin. If you know a bit of gtk+ and python, you can simpy hook into the 'notify::language' of documents, and set the font of the textview according to the language in the document.

Jesse

--
www.de.veganwiki.org -- www.veg-tv.info -- www.ubuntu-jabber.de
www.veganguide.org -- www.rezeptefuchs.de -- www.deshalbfrei.org