Re: [gedit-list] Ubuntu packages

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 12:06 -0500, Tom Metro wrote:
> Curtis Hovey wrote:
> > Tom Metro wrote:
> >> Is there a PPA for the latest stable build (ideal), or a recommend
> >> recipe for building Debian/Ubuntu packages from the repository?
> >
> > There isn't a PPA for 2.29 on karmic yet....
>
> OK, how about plan B, a recipe for building Debian/Ubuntu packages from
> the repository?
>
> I don't see a debian/ directory in git. Do those files live elsewhere in
> the main repository? Is master the right branch to use?
>
> The objective is testing and maybe plugin development, but not patching
> the main code, so if there is a weekly build or or branch with more
> appropriate stability level, that'd be good to know.

These are good goals. I think we can base a recipe on the current
package and start create a package. We can create a team to manage the
project is launchpad[1], or use someone else's team to manage the PPA. I
am using bzr builder to create packages for my PPA.

We need to include gtksourceview in the effort, and I happen to know my
completion plugin is not compatible with the latest gedit because
gtksourceview now provides completion. I was planning to install lucid
in March to update my plugins.

[1] I am one the Launchpad Registry Admins. I can make any person or
team the maintainer of an unmaitained launchpad project.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.