Re: [gedit-list] showing hidden files on open - no context menu available

Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:
Hi Ronald,

Ronald Fischer wrote:
I'm working on a Gnu/Linux system with kernel 2.4.21 and CDE, and gedit
2.2.2 installed. When I click on File/Open, the dot files are not shown
in the list. How can I configure gedit to show them?
The dialog comes from gtk+ and is not a gedit specific feature. As such there is no configuration specific for gedit to show those hidden files. As for gtk+, I don't really know where this setting is stored. Maybe somebody can confirm if it's in gconf, or in gtk-settings?
I have googled for this already, and found the suggestion to right-click
in the pane showing the file list, and choose "show hidden file".
However, right-clicking in that location doesn't have any effect
whatsoever (no context-menu is shown).
That's probably because you're version of the software is about 4 years old, and most of the online tutorials and how to's are not written for this software. I'm not really sure what the state of showing hidden files then was.
Oops, I meant about 7 years ago. It's really quite old.
Any idea what I could do? Of course I can edit the dot files by typing
their name explicitly, but sometimes I find it handy to choose them from
the list.

Ronald