[gedit-list] Git Integration

Hello,

    I'm using Gedit for some time now, and I would like to contribute to the project if it's possible :-). I am rather new to GTK programming, but I have some knowledge about it and also some Python experience. I was taking a look at the requested plug-ins and I think I could work on a plug-in to integrate Git in Gedit. Basically, I think it should look like this:

    - The most usual commands associated to buttons in the Toolbar (if it's possible to add buttons here, but I think you can with the UI Manager. If it's not possible, then maybe in a Tools->Git Commands->[git_command] menu entry) and to shortcuts (configurable by the user). Also, the specific Git command associated to a button/menu entry should be configurable with additional arguments by the user if it's needed.
    - A Git Output tab in the Bottom Pane (similar to the Shell Output tab) with the output of the Git Commands.
    - A tab in the Side Pane where you can browse your projects which are managed by Git. Basically, you have to add manually the folders in which you have projects managed by Git and the user should be able to start a new project from a File->New Project menu entry where he needs to choose a folder for it's project and the "git init" command will be automatically launched (or maybe the "git init" command could be optional)

    That would be my idea about how the plug-in should look like. I would like some feedback and maybe some suggestions if it's possible :-); or if there is no need for the plug-in.

    Best regards,
        Dragos