Re: [gedit-list] switch syntax highlighting by hotkey?

Jean-Philippe Fleury wrote:
foleox a écrit le 2010-02-03 08:59 :
hi all,

I use Gedit to code PHP files : as you know, these normally could contain
HTML, CSS and JS also : therefor it's handy to temporarily switch to another
syntax highlighting mode, to properly color the choosen language code. I
know this is done in the menu by View - Highlight Mode - ...

Actually there's also a language switcher in the statusbar. See the
attached screenshot. I don't remember when this option was added, but
currently I have gedit 2.28.0.
Also note that in fact the highlighting should be correctly highlighting the different parts with their respective languages. If this does not happen, there is probably a bug in some of the highlighting files.
Could it be done instantly using a hotkey?

Maybe you could try the plugin "Quick Highlight Mode":

Quick Highlight Mode

    *

      Shortcut for Highlight Mode with autocomplete - Just press Ctrl+Shift+H Latest version: http://github.com/nagaozen/gedit-plugin-quickhighlightmode/

See all plugins in http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/Plugins