Re: [gedit-list] Including regex search & replace in gedit-plugins

I have been using perl itself with what I call a Target file. It's a bit geeky but it does allow a SED-like command to be prepared in one open file and executed using an external tool so that  replacements are applied to the target file. Think:

s/hi/hello/g

<ftp://ftp.macnauchtan.com/Software/gedit/target/> containing folder
<ftp://ftp.macnauchtan.com/Software/gedit/target/installtarget.txt>  3 kB text
--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--