Re: [gedit-list] Ubuntu 9.10 or gedit 2.28.0 tool test request

Doug McNutt a écrit le 2009-11-04 17:21 :
> Does it create a new document in the gedit window?

Yes.

> Are the environment variables listed correctly with no extra lines inserted?

Yes. There's one variable per line.

> Change output to insert instead of new-document
> Do you get all of the environment variables?  I get only 31 of them.

I get 41 variables.

> Is there anything funny about variable:
>   GEDIT_CURRENT_WORD
> It seems to depend on the position of the cursor when the tool is executed.
> Try it at the left end of a blank line in the middle of your working sheet.

I'm not sure I understand «left end of a blank line», but I put this on
my document:

>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
>
>Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra.

and I put the cursor to the second line (the cursor is represented by
the character |):

>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
>|
>Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra.

The value of the variable GEDIT_CURRENT_WORD is the last word of the
previous line:

>GEDIT_CURRENT_WORD=elit.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe