[gedit-list] Shell output panel and stderr highlighting

Hi,

When upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10, I noticed the "Shell output" panel does not show the stderr output in a different color (red) anymore when running an external tool. Is this intentional, and is it possible to customize (or even revert) this behavior?

I'm using gedit as my IDE and when running make as an external tool, it is extremely useful to see warnings and errors highlighted in red. So I would love to see the highlighting come back.

BTW, I really like the clickable links in the output!

Jef