[gedit-list] Code Folding and Samba?

Hi all,

in our company all computers running now Linux as the operating system. I using it since 3 years
and present the web developers possible tools.
As a plugin developer und main author of the "External Tools Plugin Command Collection" i suggested
gEdit. But all (but not me) prefered Geany. I ask them why:

- Saving files gEdit didn't work well SMB connects and network shares
    ( see https://bugs.launchpad.net/gedit/+bug/34813 )

- They like the way of code folding and visual indentions hints in Geany,
    that makes it easy understanding code for beginners
    ( see http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/8728/
        http://markmail.org/message/pkkxcnp4hfhjfdzf
        http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/6/67/Geany_0.14_de.png )

Ok, they are just 5 developers but it is quite interesting that these two facts are so important.
The SMB problem is a really, really ugly one. So i have to use Geany for the SMB connect case too :(

Best regards!

Ich muß den Blindenhund zurückbringen.

|\/\/\/|
|      |        Bart.