[gedit-list] Code Folding and Samba?
- From: "Eckhard M." Jäger <bart neeneenee de>
- To: gedit-list gnome org
- Subject: [gedit-list] Code Folding and Samba?
- Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:19:13 +0200
in our company all computers running now Linux as the operating system. I using it since 3 years
and present the web developers possible tools.
As a plugin developer und main author of the "External Tools Plugin Command Collection" i suggested
gEdit. But all (but not me) prefered Geany. I ask them why:
- Saving files gEdit didn't work well SMB connects and network shares
( see https://bugs.launchpad.net/gedit/+bug/34813 )
- They like the way of code folding and visual indentions hints in Geany,
that makes it easy understanding code for beginners
( see http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/8728/
Ok, they are just 5 developers but it is quite interesting that these two facts are so important.
The SMB problem is a really, really ugly one. So i have to use Geany for the SMB connect case too :(
Ich muß den Blindenhund zurückbringen.
| | Bart.
| (O)(O) bart neeneenee de
| ,_/ Linux for Designers - http://my.opera.com/area42/blog/
| / SweeTS delicious Typo3 development - http://typo3.area42.de/
] [Thread Prev