Re: [gedit-list] Only 1 user cannot run gedit

At 09:02 -0700 1/13/09, Garcia, John F wrote:
We are running gedit-2.8.1-4 on RedHat WS rel 4 update 5. We have one user who started having an issue running gedit. Whenever he runs it from the command line, he gets the following warnings:

** (gedit:2249): WARNING **: URI NOT LOADED

He will get 3 of these messages if gedit is run without a filename, and 4 if a filename is specified. Either way, he will get the message "The application "gedit" has quit unexpectedly." The user cannot run gedit on any of our Linux workstations, but all other users do not have a problem, so I'm guessing it must be something in his home directory. I have tried to rename the directories .gconf .gconfd and .gnome but none have made a difference.

Are there any other files created by gedit for the user that I can clear? My next step may be to create a new home directory entirely, but I'd rather not do that if necessary.

On my ubuntu box the hidden directories are ~/.gnome2/gedit/ . . .

I know not where the "2" comes from or what it means.

What about the user's $PATH ? Is there another gedit tool in it?
--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--