Re: [gedit-list] problem saving

Samuel de Champlain wrote:
I use Gedit 2.24.3 on Fedora 10. When saving, I often get this message:

Could not create a temporary backup file while saving /home/me/path/to/file
gedit could not backup the old copy of the file before saving the new one. You can ignore this warning and save the file anyway, but if an error occurs while saving, you could lose the old copy of the file. Save anyway?

Sometimes the problem goes away for some unknowned reason.

The aforementionned file belongs to me and is member of my group. I have read and write access. Selinux system default enforcing mode is disabled.

Do you have write permissions on the containing folder?
If you do, I suggest you get support from Fedora...