Re: [gedit-list] Why overwrite_mode_statusbar and cursor_position_statusbar are gtk_statusbar widget and not simple gtk_label ?

Le Fri, 02 May 2008 13:54:12 +0200, Paolo Borelli a écrit :

> Il giorno ven, 02/05/2008 alle 11.48 +0000, KLEIN Stéphane ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've look "gedit-statusbar.c". I note
>> "statusbar->priv->overwrite_mode_statusbar" and
>> "statusbar->priv->cursor_position_statusbar" are gtk_statusbar widget.
>> Why ? Personally, I think this two widget must be simple gtk_label
>> because cursor_position and overwrite_mode don't need to maintain a
>> stack of messages.
>>
>> What is your view about it ?
>>

> There are two reasons:
>
> 1) to ensure consistent styling with the rest of the statusbar with any
> gtkrc
> 2) because paching a label there would need hacks to make the
> resize-handle to not cover the labels at any dpi/resolution.
>
> Why does it matter for you?

I look for add the follow informations in statusbar :

* current syntax highlighting
* current file encoding
* current tab size

Something like textmate.

The click event on current syntax highlighting statusbar widget open languages list menu popup.
The click event on current file encoding statusbar widget go to convert encoding user interface.
The syntax highlighting statusbar widget and tab size statusbar widget can be GtkComboBox like in Textmate application.

What do you think about it ?

Regards,
Stephane