Re: [gedit-list] Developing plugins

Hello Philip,

I lately also have to read through a lot of rails code, which is why I'm
very interested in seeing new rails-related plugins being developed.

For those unfamiliar with the framework, ruby on rails is organised
according to the model/view/controller-pattern. Related source files are
to be found in different directory trees, but at more or less the same
position within the tree.

What I'd love to see would be a small plugin which allows you to switch
quickly between related source files. For example, you could point at an
action in a given controller, press a button and jump to the referenced
view file.

> I know there is the information at the botton of the plugins page, but
> I have looked at it and it did not make much sense to me.

The best way to start is to download a simple plugin written in python
and to modify the source files. For example, you could have a look at
my old tab converter plugin, which is quite small.

Cheers,
Fred