Re: [gedit-list] F11, bookmarks

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 1:05 PM, MK <halfcountplus intergate com> wrote:
>  whoa! i almost feel guilty!  will we get to see anything interesting
>  because of all this hustling?

If you're a customer of my company, you might ;-)

> -> directories ? If it is the latter, you can customize it in the gnome
>  -> place menu or in the open dialog
>
>  ahh.  I am sure i mean the latter (the only thing i notice which
>  literally sez "Bookmarks").  I do not really run gnome, i use fvwm2
>  with gnome-settings-daemon on to control gtk2 stuff (which works fine).
>  Probably i can grep around and find some files to adjust?  In any case,
>  since a default is "Desktop" (which otherwise serves no purpose for
>  me), i've just stuck softlinks in there.

I've no idea. You sure can edit them with gnome-panel or nautilus, but
I don't know where it is stored. You can also just drag and drop a
folder into the left area in the open dialog.

>  I know that gnome is a great and shiny thing, but is that kind of
>  monolithic incorporation into a whole serving your users better
>  (perhaps it is)?

We're not really looking towards forced tight integration. I think
it's just we are lazy bastards (or busy ones ;-)). But feel free to
add a request for enhancement in our bugzilla (or even send a patch).

>  eg, i notice the open dialog does have "add" and "remove" buttons under
>  "place" but these are both always grayed out (i guess because of
>  this...)

Those buttons are not greyed when you select a directory in the right
area of the dialog. You can achieve the same effect with drag and drop
fwiw.