[gedit-list] How to color text, & use multiple dictionaries

Hello,

I use gedit for writing in Hindi, because gedit provides the best
functioning spellchecker in Ubuntu. I know this is not the usual use of
gedit, but it works very well.

There are just a few areas where I have needs:

1. Ways to color text different colors.

In an article about gedit, it is written,

"...Syntax highlighting as the “highlighting of source code using
different techniques (coloring, boldfacing)”. So your function names
will be one color, your variables another color, and your tags a third
color."

It sounds like it is possible to color and boldface specific sections of
text. Could someone tell me how to do this?

2. There are applications which allow one to use more than one aspell
dictionary at once. For example in Evolution one can select which
languages (note plural) one is using in a particular document, and Evo
will activate all the relevant dictionaries. For example, if one is
using Spanish, Hindi, and English in a given document, Evo will
spellcheck all the three languages so one will not get spelling "false
alarms". Is there such a feature in gedit, or if not then could one be
created? If one is typing in more than one language, it is quite
disturbing to have *all* the text in the non-selected language
underlined in red.

3. Geany provides a feature wherein one can put a green mark in the left
margin as a marker. Is there some such feature in gedit for marking a
particular place in the text?

Thank you!

Swarup