[gedit-list] Disabling auto-complete in search/replace dialog

Is there a way to do this?
I use Gedit for editing GCODE (for CNC machines) and this 'feature'
could cause damage to me or expensive equipment. I have to carefully
inspect the text boxes to be sure it hasn't slipped in a previously used
search or replace term. It's extremely counter productive and could
produce an expensive or life/limb threatening mistake.

I'm sure many appreciate this 'feature', it's just not for me and it seems
likely that there should be some way to turn it off.

Thanks,
Emory