Re: [gedit-list] Writeroom/Darkroom like plugin for gedit

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 16:09 -0500, Paul Novotny wrote:
> Great. Now I can hide everything except the vscroll. Just one more thing
> though, I can set the left and right margins using
> set_left_margin/set_right_margin for each view. Is there a way to put
> some spacing on the top and bottom too?

Sounds tricky... not sure if it works (I have not tried) but you could
try the following: use gtk_text_view_set_border_window_size to set up
border windows at the top and at the bottom and then connect to the
expose-event to redraw them of the same color of the background of the
text. I have no idea how the scrolled window handles that though.

> > http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gedit-plugins/trunk/plugins/showtabbar/gedit-show-tabbar-plugin.c?view=markup
> >
> > With the get_notebook function (from the above link) you can get a
> > reference to the notebook. Then you can use gtk_notebook_set_show_tabs.
>
> BTW, I found the notebook in a slightly different spot on my version of
> gedit (2.20.3). In the svn pointer you sent me it was basically at:
>
> notebook =
> window.get_child().get_children()[2].get_children()[1].get_children()[0]
>
> I found it at:
> notebook =
> window.get_child().get_children()[3].get_children()[1].get_children()[0]
>
> This would explain why the Show/Hide Tabbar plugin doesn't work for me.

I guess so... can you file a bug in bugzilla about that?