[gedit-list] Exposing the notebook [Was: Re: Writeroom/Darkroom like plugin for gedit]

Hi,

> > > With the get_notebook function (from the above link) you can get a
> > > reference to the notebook. Then you can use gtk_notebook_set_show_tabs.
> >
> > BTW, I found the notebook in a slightly different spot on my version of
> > gedit (2.20.3). In the svn pointer you sent me it was basically at:

Since it seems plugins want to access the notebook, we could:
1. make _gedit_window_get_notebook public
2. add a gedit_window_show_notebook_tabs public function

In perspective, solution 1 seems better, but I'm a bit worried about
exposing the notebook.
Solution 2 may be too limiting.

What do you think? Note that plugins can already access the notebook in
a not-safe way as shown in the tabbar plugin.

Ciao,

Paolo Maggi <paolo maggi gmail com>