[gedit-list] save current file

Hello all,

Another ignorant question which my linux/gedit floundering cannot yet

For an External Tool, how to save/overwrite the current file with same
name before running command on it?

e.g. (You may have seen this before...):

---> what goes in here to save current file? <---

The result I seek is what happens with the LaTeX plugin: when a .tex
file is modified, it is saved prior to processing.

Speaking of the LaTeX plugin...Michael Z., any interest in adding
Metapost highlighting to gedit and/or commands in sidebar. (I offer to
do grunt work if guided, but as you can see by my question I am low

Thanks, J