[gedit-list] Open Files is small

I have been a very happy and heavy gedit user for many years. 6? 7? I don't know, a long time. Now that I've upgraded to the IBM OpenClient 2.2 on a T41, where everything else is working delightfully, I have one mysterious problem.

When I open gedit's Open Files dialog, it is 2 lines tall. I have to grab it and stretch to see anything. This always happens after the starting the PC, and sometimes throughout the day. One of the things I like about gedit is how it is simple and light and has few options....but I sure would like to know where this dialog setting is controlled.

Now, in the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal, but I never had this issue before. And it is annoying. Why is it choosing such a small dialog size?

Thanks-

Jim Clark