Re: [gedit-list] Request: ask for adminpass when saving readonly files

Hi,

> When a user opens a file for which he does not have sufficient
> privileges, the file opens as read-only.
>
> Would it be possible to make gedit open a dialogue where the user can
> type the login and password, when he begins to edit that readonly
> file or when he uses the Save command to save the file.

Asking a password to escalate privileges in a secure way is a problem
that still need to be solved at gnome level.
We can think to implement such a feature when the problem will be solved
in a "official" way in the gnome libs.

Ciao,
Paolo