Re: [gedit-list] GtkSourceView Popup

Hi Chuchi,
	I thinks that this feature would be a very nice addition to gedit and
gtksourceview.

I think we need a "autocompletion" framework that various autocompletion
sources can use to suggest autocompletion items.

I think we need an interface "AutocompletionSource" that the various
autocompletion sources must implement.

An autocompletion source registers itself with the document (or may be
with the view, I still need to figure this point). When the document (or
view) needs to obtain a list of possible autocompletion items, it
queries all the autocompletion sources to build a list (note that we
need some way to prioritize items).

If the list is longer than one, then an autocompletion popup is shown to
the user.

I suggest you to first try to design such framework and post the design
here for discussion.

Then we will figure how to implement it in such a way that will allow it
to be first included in gedit and then, when it will be mature, to be
moved to gtksourceview.

Ciao,
Paolo