Re: [gedit-list] Gedit Functionlist

On 7/4/07, Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 12:14 +0200, =?UTF-8?Q?G=C3=BCnter_Hansen_ ?=
wrote:

> I former used UltraEdit which is capable of showing a (sub)Function-List in
> the left panel. This makes it very easy to find the right subfunctions.

There is a third-party plugin that provides such a panel... "Class browser"
I think? But I don't it embeds a perl parser.

Class browser can be found here:
http://www.stambouliote.de/projects/gedit_plugins.html - SVN version
is highly recommended as the release is a bit oldish.

It does work - kinda, on a basic level - with Perl, via ctags, but it
has not sublevels for that... I wrote my own parser for Ruby looking
at the custom Python parser and it's been added to SVN too.

If you are used to programming Perl, you could probably do something
similar for that language, looking at the custom Python, Ruby and
other parsers that are available in Subversion. I'm sure Frederic, the
author, will be happy to add more working languages as he added my
contribution. Also, since you are used to this feature, you know what
you want it to do. :)

-- Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Lundén