Re: [gedit-list] Gedit Plugins - Unofficial Enhancement Proposal

Oops! See below.

On 23/02/07, Vinicius B. Fuentes <vinibaggio gmail com> wrote:
I think that message came only to me, but I'm willing to help on it too

On 2/23/07, Zeth Green <theology gmail com > wrote:

On 23/02/07, Vinicius B. Fuentes < vinibaggio gmail com> wrote:
it would be nice to have (like NewStuffManager proposes) downloadable
plugins directly from gedit, just like the GNOME-art program,
so users could see that's easy to add new plugins and that
there are cool plugins after all, it would fetch a list of plugins and
with
their description, author, it's web page, etc. It's all included in the
gedit-plugin file

This is basically what Jedit does. It would require two things:

1. A plugin website to grab the metadata from. Possibly with the
requirement that all plugins are licenced under the same licence as
Gedit.
2. A team of people willing to do some basic checks to the plugins -
i.e. that there are no Trojans or any other nasty surprises.

I would be willing to help out with this if we went down this road (of
course this is more extravagant than my original enhancement
proposal).